NOW BOOKING FOR THIS TRIP.
Send us an email to Team@givebackgiveaway.com to inquire about how you can join us for this trip of a lifetime.
Book your adventure with us and this is what you’ll get
- A full day at SE Asia’s largest Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Enjoy two days at a resort and spa on Famous Lake Inle.
- Visit the Ancient wonder of Bagan with option of hot air balloon.
- Help construct a new classroom for Burmese children.
- Take a scenic boat cruise down the Irrawaddy River.
- Visit the Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay.
- Plus tons more amazing travel!
Trip includes all accommodations, breakfasts, above activities, festival entrance, transportation including in country flights, trains, buses and river boat.
DATES: October 29th to November 12th
PRICE: $1999 + $249 project fee (*all fees in USD)
It’s that time again! The GiveBack GiveAway is back, this time in Myanmar. And our project is more meaningful than ever. The GBGA team, including our founders Johnny and Josh, will meet you guys in Yangon, Myanmar’s capital city.
Our 14 day trip is layed out below, an epic backpacking trip throughout the whole country. Night buses, ethnic tribes, boat journeys and some of the most beautiful parts of the world you can imagine, not to mention our special treat – the balloon festival in Karen state. It’ll be something like you’ve never seen before, and something only a handful of foreigners ever get to experience!
First though, raison d’etre. This year’s project is something truly special. We’re working with an amazing local community about 70 minutes outside Yangon. Located on an island this community has been struggling ever since Hurricane Nargis in 2015 wiped out most of what they know. The United Nations moved in directly in the aftermath to save lives but since then these guys have been struggling.
The temporary UN building has been used as a high school for the 1,200 strong community but the kindgarden and nursery have nothing but a shack to work with. Step in the Give Back Give Away team! We’ll be fundraising our standard $10k (partly through crowd-funding and partly from your project donations), and with that we will move in for 3 hard days labour, in conjunction with the local Burmese guys and build:
- Essentially a school. One purpose made classroom fit for the students
- A small playground so the 22 kids have the chance to be kids
- A dormitory for 16 of the 22 kids who are orphans and currently are sleeping wherever they find space. They’ll be over the moon with their own little bunk beds, drawers, mattress, pillows, and sheets.
So now we need your help. First please donate to the project, knowing that 100% of the funds go to the GBGA cause and none to us. Secondly, PLEASE SHARE our fund raising page, our website, our social media. Honestly, a little money from you guys goes a long, long way. And finally, come join us! We have space for 15 people only, and normally we sell out within the first 48 hours. Come and make a difference, and have the trip of a lifetime as part of the deal. See you in Yangon!